A set 20 orchestral instruments and their name labels, formatted in various ways to allow for a variety of options! Instrument cards with labels may be displayed as a permanent part of your music room decor. Use small cards in a center or large cards for display when every student has a clipboard and recording sheet. Some recording sheets are provided without directions to allow you to create your own variations of this activity.
Suggestions for Use:
1. Hang the label cards next to the corresponding picture. Write the words and practice reading them.
2. Hang the label cards only. Write the words and practice reading them.
3. Display the cards with pictures and labels. Students use worksheets with pictures only, find the matching picture and copy down the instrument name.
4. To focus on a small number of instruments, such as one family, display cards or labels without numbering.
1. Hang the numbered picture and label cards separately around the room. Students match the labels with the correct numbered picture.
2. Hang the label cards only. Students write the label in the box containing the corresponding instrument picture.
3. Display the cards with pictures and labels. Ask students to find an instrument from a specific family, such as woodwind, write the name and draw a picture of the instrument.
Do you already own a great set of instrument pictures? Try out this worksheets only sampler:
Write the Room - Instruments of the Orchestra – FREE SAMPLER
You might like:
Instrument Family Identification Digital Flash Card Bundle
Orchestral Instruments-Vocabulary Sorting Centers
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
• You can also Like me on Facebook