Students love to Write the Room. This activity is a great opportunity to get your students up and moving as they hunt the room for r-controlled (bossy r) vowels.
After hiding the words around the room, provide your students with a clipboard and the recording sheet. You will see how engaged your students are in their learning as they match the pictures to the correct r-controlled card.
This set includes 5 Write the Room games for the following r-controlled vowel patterns:
• /ar/: 1 recording sheet and 8 cards
• /or/: 1 recording sheet and 8 cards
• /er/: 1 recording sheet and 8 cards
• /ur/: 1 recording sheet and 8 cards
• /ir/: 1 recording sheet and 8 cards
Each game includes 3 options for printing:
1. Print in color
2. Print in b/w on colored astrobright copy paper
3. Simply print in b/w
This set is also included in the Write The Room Phonics Bundle
You may also like the following Write the Room sets:
Write The Room: Short VowelsWrite The Room: DigraphsWrite The Room: Long VowelsWrite The Room: R-controlled VowelsWrite The Room: Diphthongs
Please visit my blog TheKFiles
for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home…
The K Files