Every writer needs a working, helpful notebook. Every writer has questions. Every writer needs reinforcement from lessons. These Reference Sheets for notebooks can meet all of these needs. The information within this resource is aligned with CCSS!
Reference Sheets included:
- Brainstorming formats
- Figurative Language
- Describing Words/Adjectives
- Show, Don't Tell
- Transition Words
- Writing Checklist
Some ideas for use:
- You may wish to create an index with your students so they can find the sheet they need.
- Print in portrait format.
- If printing for composition notebooks, print at 80 scale.
- If printing for wire bound notebooks, print at 90 to 95 scale.
- Do not print double sided if you are going to glue them into notebooks.
- Create anchor charts for each sheet with similar shapes and patterns, so students can connect classroom materials with independent learning.
- Students can create a stapled booklet with these sheets to put into writing folders if you don’t use notebooks.
- These are extra fun when printed on brightly colored paper!