UPDATED 7/18/14-Added cover and dedication page variations!!! If you have purchased this product, please re-download and enjoy!
Teachers can utilize this template to support their Writers' Workshop unit on All-About books. Students will deepen their understanding about non-fiction text features as they create their own All-About book. Just use the pages you want your kids to include in this project.
NOTES TO THE TEACHER:
• Title Page: Have students write topic on the line and draw a picture for the cover. (3 variations)
• Dedication Page: Have students dedicate their All-About book to someone, such as a family member, friend, or teacher. (3 variations)
• Table of Contents: I have included two variations— 5- or 7- page options.
• Pages: I have included 6 blank writing pages (one with a fun fact box and another with a photo caption box). Each page has a space for a picture and at the bottom, there is an option to put a page number.
NEW: I have added 3 additional pages with a space for a heading.
• My Diagram: Students can create a diagram to label parts.
• Glossary Page: Students can choose 3 words to include in their glossary. There is an option to draw a picture and put a page number where they can find that word.
• Author Page: Students can include a brief write-up about themselves.
• Brainstorm Page: Students can make a list of topics they know about.
• Planning Page: Students can choose one topic from their list and write 5 facts about that topic. Once this is done, they can begin their book.
If you are interested in a template for your Writers' Workshop How-to Book unit, visit this link:
Writers' Workshop: How-To Book Template for 1st and 2nd Grade
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License