Common Core writing for first grade part 2! This expanded writer's workshop bundle includes unit plans for how-to writing, writing reviews, and writing realistic fiction.
* I teach these AFTER my first graders have already gone through my Common Core Writing Bundle for 1st Grade! This unit expands on the opinion, narrative, and informative teaching points through a writer's workshop model.
Each unit includes:
- Daily lessons set up in the "I do, We do, You do" format
- A brief note about how I use the unit in my classroom
- Teacher tips
- Graphic organizers for students
- Anchor charts
- Writing pages for rough drafts and published pieces
- Editing/Revision checklists
- A rubric for easy grading
NOTE: This is a bundled unit of the following three resources:
How To Writing
This unit takes your students through the writer's workshop process of brainstorming, writing, editing/revising and publishing their very own how-to booklets!
This is a fun, opinion writing unit for primary grades that focuses on writing reviews for things we love and things we dislike!
Writing Realistic Fiction
This unit has students digging deeper into the writer's workshop process as they expand on characters, add problems and solutions, and come up with satisfying endings to their stories!
These writing units will help you expand on the major Common Core writing standards throughout the year! To read more information about each one, please click on the links above and read the descriptions.
Looking for more writing resources?! You can find ALL my writing resources for a fraction of the price here in my FIRST GRADE WRITING - EVERGROWING BUNDLE!