My students really LOVE this activity! Collaborative writing is a great way for students to practice the writing skills they need in an engaging way. Plus students really enjoy the fun 32 picture prompts to choose from.
1. Students will take notes (provided) on plot (exposition, setting, characters, antagonist, protagonist, inciting incident, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution).
2. Students will choose a picture prompt (32 provided).
3. Students will write an exposition introducing characters and the setting.
4. Students will trade his or her narrative with a peer.
5. Students will write the inciting incident for the new story they received.
6. Students will trade his or her narrative with a peer. This will continue until all aspect of the plot have been written.
7. Students will receive his or her narrative back to write the resolution.
8. Students will revise and edit the collaborative piece.
9. Students will rewrite their narrative in a final draft.
Thank you for your support.
Created by Casey Lepke
Do you need more writing activities?
Check out my paragraphs of the week!