is a great way to develop students love of writing. Through coaching, students learn to write for a variety of audiences and purposes. They also become more independent thinkers and problem-solvers.
SAVE BIG WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF A BUNDLE: UNITS 1-7 Writers' Workshop Bundle
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need more ideas to get started with teaching process and procedures with students during a workshop approach. All of the ideas provided in this unit are for kindergarten and 1st-grade classrooms. This unit might also be appropriate for struggling 2nd-grade students.
What is included in this Unit?
* Step-by-step instructions in getting organized for the workshop
* Forms for conferencing, assessments, and sharing
* Outline of Workshop Time - Includes resources for conferencing and share time.
* A months worth of detailed lessons to help you get started with writers' workshop.
* Several options for writing paper and graphic organizers.
* Resources for student offices that include ABC chart, word chart,
"I Can" charts, color word chart, pencil rubrics, manuscript chart
* 14 different types of student writing paper
* Ideas for teaching opinion, narratives, and routine writing.
* Idea and labels for Bulletin Board and center
* 18 Lesson Ideas plus several detailed lesson plans
* List of mentor texts to teach narratives
* Online resources to integrate technology
* Bonus: SMART Board document to teach status of the class.
These writing resources are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease. The ideas and strategies in this unit have helped me over the years and I am confident will help you, too!
Other Writers Workshop Product Include.
Unit 2: Teaching Small Moments
Unit 3: Revising and Editing Strategies
Unit 4: Opinion Writing
Unit 5: Procedural Writing
Unit 6: Expository Writing Unit
Unit 7: Mo Willems Author Study
Unit 8 Coming Soon