UPDATED 7/16/14! If you have purchased this product, please re-download and enjoy!
Teachers can utilize this template to support their Writers' Workshop unit on How-To books. Students will deepen their understanding about how to do something and learn to become writers of How-To books. They will learn to explain how to do something in chronological order.
This template includes:
• Engagement Chart: We Know That How-To Books…(Discusses characteristics of How-To Books.)
• ‘What do I know how do to?’ CHART: Have students make a list of things they know how to do. Ex. Brush my teeth
• Planning Page: (NEW!) Students will use transition words to plan out their how-to writing piece.
• Cover Page: Students fill out their title and illustrate the cover.
• Dedication Page: Students will dedicate their How-To Book to a friend, family member, or teacher.
• Materials Page: Students make a list of the materials /or ingredients needed. The small box is for the picture of each material.
• Writing Pages: There is an introduction page, which is optional. The students can hook the reader on this page. I have included writing pages with transitional words at the beginning (First, Next, Then, After, Finally, Last). I have also included a blank page with lines. Each page has a space for a picture.
• Author Page: Students can include a brief write-up about themselves.
If you are interested in the Writers' Workshop Letter Writing Templates & more, visit this link:
Writers' Workshop: Letter Writing Templates & More-Grade 1 & 2
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License