is a great way to develop students love of writing. Through coaching, students learn to write for a variety of audiences and purposes. They also become more independent thinkers and problem-solvers.
SAVE BIG WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF A BUNDLE: UNITS 1-8 Writers' Workshop Bundle
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need more ideas to get started teaching small moment personal narratives. All of the ideas provided in this unit are for kindergarten and 1st-grade classrooms. This unit might also be appropriate for struggling 2nd-grade students.
What is included in this Unit?
This packet includes a 50-page pdf file that includes:
* Forms for conferencing, assessments, and sharing
* Outline of Workshop Time - Includes resources for conferencing and share time.
* A month's worth of lesson ideas to help you teach small moments.
* Several options for writing paper and graphic organizers.
* Small Moments Checklist and Bookmarks
* Anchor chart for zooming in on small moments
* Example of anchor chart and small moment booklet
* Pencil Rubric Chart
* List of mentor texts to teach narratives
* Online resources to integrate technology
These writing resources are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease. The ideas and strategies in this unit have helped me over the years and I am confident will help you, too!
Other Writers Workshop Product Include.
Unit 1: Getting Started with Writers' Workshop
Unit 3: Revising and Editing Strategies
Unit 4: Opinion Writing
Unit 5: Procedural Writing
Unit 6: Expository Writing Unit
Unit 7: Mo Willems Author Study
Unit 8: Narrative Writing