Also included in
- Teaching Kindergarten has never been easier! We have everything all planned out for you. These units include engaging lessons that will have your little ones meeting or exceeding the grade level standards in no time. We've included our best-selling units to help you have an AMAZING school year!Price $295.00Original Price $514.00Save $219.00
- Teaching first-grade has never been easier! We have everything all planned out for you. These units include engaging lessons that will have your little ones meeting or exceeding the grade level standards in no time. We've included our best-selling units to help you have an AMAZING school year! EPrice $295.00Original Price $502.00Save $207.00
- Writers Workshop Curriculum K-1 | Writing Through the Year™ BUNDLEWriters Workshop is a wonderful way to incorporate all of the ELA standards while introducing your students to the love of writing. Writing Through the Year™ was created by two kindergarten teachers with over 20 years of classroom expPrice $110.00Original Price $158.00Save $48.00
Looking for writing lessons to teach fictional narrative writing in kindergarten and first grade? Writers Workshop is a wonderful way to incorporate all of the ELA standards while introducing your students to the love of writing. Writers Workshop Curriculum K-1 | Writing Through the Year™ was created by two kindergarten teachers with over 20 years of classroom experience. Each writing lesson has been classroom-tested and student-approved.
This is the seventh unit in this comprehensive writing curriculum. In this unit, you will find a series of writing mini-lessons that will guide your teaching of fictional text writing to your kindergarten or first grade students. These fictional narrative writing mini-lessons will support your students right where they are. Students will be encouraged and guided as they learn to use illustrations and/or words to express themselves as writers. Every student can be successful, even those who do not know any letter sounds.
YES! This is Common Core State Standards and TEKS aligned. You will find standards correlation guide in the product preview.
SOME OF THE UNIT SPECIFIC MINI-LESSONS INCLUDE:
- Looking at fiction writing as a genre
- Generating ideas list for fiction writing
- Exploring characters in fictional writing
- Examining the setting when writing fiction
- Make a plan for our writing using the story hand
- Including a problem and solution in our writing
- Create a strong beginning in your writing
- Be a smart speller during writing time
- Include dialogue in your writing
- Reread, revise, and edit so your story makes sense
- A look at writing conventions: Punctuation
- Writer's workshop framework guide
- Management ideas for writer’s workshop
- Monthly overview of writing instruction
- CC Standards for kindergarten
- CC Standards for first grade writing
- Writing rubrics: kindergarten writing rubric and first grade writing rubric
- Kindergarten writing goals chart and first grade writing goals chart
- Writing mentor text list for this writer's workshop unit of study
- Detailed daily writing lesson plans that cover 20 days of instruction
- Anchor charts that support your writers during your writing lessons
- Variety of student writing paper templates
- Additional writing forms
- Parent Communication Letter that is specific to the writing unit. This explains the unit focus.
View the Preview for a closer look at this writing unit! Everything that you see in the preview is included in this comprehensive writing curriculum.
These writing lessons will fit perfectly in your kindergarten or first grade classroom.
Thanks so much! Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills
SAVE MONEY BY PURCHASING THE YEAR LONG BUNDLE!:
2ND GRADE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
READ MORE ABOUT WRITERS WORKSHOP AND GRAB A FREE FILE BY CLICKING: