This all inclusive unit includes 6 weeks of daily lesson plans to teach the writing process to 1st-3rd students. Each lesson includes a read aloud/ story for the day, 6+1 Writing Trait to focus on, a direct teach mini-lesson, and grammar lesson.
Get organized with framing the lesson guidelines and example structures of the Writer's Workshop time.
See included pictures to help classroom set up, along with 2 different design posters for steps of the writing process.
• Treasure Map: Things I Treasure Ideas for writing
• What Can I Write About? anchor chart
• Topics to Write About anchor chart
• Sentence Strip, What is a sentence game
• What is a sentence work page
• Punctuation Finder
• Story Planning Sheet
• When I Draft anchor chart
• 5 W’s and an H anchor chart
• 5 Finger Retell Poster
• Spelling Strategies poster
• Editing Checklist for teacher and students
• Revising Checklist for teacher and students
• Editing guidelines for partner work
• 7 Mentor texts for editing practice
• Revising for detail poster
• “Writer’s Eyes” cut outs for students
• “Polly Punctuation” Poster
• “Sam Sentence” Poster
• Publishing Checklist for teacher and students
• 6+1 Traits correlated writing Rubric
• Conferencing Teacher List
• Student Conferencing form
• And SO much more!
If you like this unit make sure to check out Writer's Workshop: Setting up a Successful Workshop!