Through this activity, students will review figurative language while also writing their very own free verse poem. Students use a CD labeled with figurative language to create their poem. This is great when doing a poetry unit, or if you just want your students to practice creative writing. This activity is also great for all type of learners.
Product includes the activity sheet/rubric, but the CD isn't included. I have, however, included a picture of a CD I created. It takes less than 2 minutes to create and students will really love spinning the CD and figuring out which figurative language they must include in their poem!
**Your ratings are what help motivate me to keep making freebies. If you download this product, PLEASE RATE IT!**
Other Poetry Resources:
- Creative Poetry Project
Other Figurative Language Resources:
- Identifying Figurative Language FREEBIE
- Identifying Figurative Language
- Figurative Language Match Cards Activity
- Identifying Idioms: An "I Have Who Has" Game!
- Identifying Irony
- Identifying Oxymorons & Idioms
- Identifying Irony Game!
- Figurative Language FREEBIE: Similes & Metaphors
- Figurative Language "I Have Who Has" Game"