This student's guide to writing a research paper
walks students new to or not comfortable with writing research papers through each step to creating a great paper. Students complete the guide through such activities as identifying their topic, conducting research, and organizing their information. Students write each paragraph of a a 3 – 5 paragraph essay as well as an introduction and conclusion. Students both edit and revise and are guided through these differences.
This guide includes:
- Brainstorming on topics
- Generating ideas for conducting research
- Research template
- Process for organizing information
- Step-by-step writing of body paragraphs, introduction, and conclusion
- Revision and editing steps to write a complete research paper.
This is a great resource for students who are new
to writing research essays or who may not yet be comfortable writing in the longer format.
Note: This is not a guide for teachers to teach writing a research paper.
This resource is available in the following money-saving bundles:
-Student choice for projects: Research Project Bundle
Research projects currently available include:
- Build a Resume for Historic Figure
- Create a journal as a historic figure
- Build a Linkedin Profile for a Historic Figure
- Create a blog social studies project
- Photo Journal social studies project
- Writing a Research Paper: A student's guide to writing a research paper
- Research Project: Create a book jacket
- Research Project: A visual timeline for a social studies project
- Create an artifact project
-Create a picture book project
-Research project - Create a comic book
-Twitter feed - social studies project
- Research Project - Pamphlets
- Research Project - Movie Poster (not yet available elsewhere in the store)
- Research Project - Historic Scrapbook (not yet available elsewhere in the store)
- Research Project: Trifold Posters (not yet available elsewhere in the store
These projects are a lifelong tool applicable to any unit of study.
What customers say about products in this bundle:
- "What a terrific resource for projects for any subject!" - Picture Book Project
- "What a practical and engaging project to use with any history unit. Thank you!" - Resume Project
-"Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for all the hard work!" - Comic Book Project
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips and resources for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.