Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The writing activities in this Camp S'more Mini Classroom Transformation Writing Activity are meant to reinforce students’ critical writing skills: focusing on drafting a variety of sentences (simple, compound, etc.), creating strong vocabulary options, incorporating figurative language into writing, and expanding sentences. To make the activities more engaging for students, some friendly competition can always be fun! Thus, these activities are centered around a summer camp theme - Camp S'more Writing. These writing activities can be used as a writing boot camp during the year, as a fun way to wrap up your school year, or even as a summer writing course.
To get even more into the camp spirit, you can even do a mini classroom transformation. Use the extras we’ve included to add some more fun décor to your classroom. Dress up as a camp counselor and bring “camp-like” things into your classroom for the week – i.e., bug spray, a tent, sleeping bags, etc.!
TO GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT'S INCLUDED, MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!
Students will be divided into teams of 3-4 to compete against one another in 5 different camp-themed activities - all focused on essential elements on writing.
CAMP S'MORE WRITING UNIT INCLUDES:
- Detailed Instructions for Use
- Welcome to Camp S'more Writing Sign
- Games for the Week Sign
- Team Pennants
- Camp Scoring Sheet
- 1, 2, 3, Look! Activity
- Watermelon Eating Contest: Stronger Word Choice
- Archery: Sentence Types: Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex
- Scavenger Hunt: Figurative Language
- Tug of War: Expanding Sentences
- Ghost Stories Around the Campfire: Bringing Everything Together
- Sandman Activity
- Camp S'more Writing Completion Certificates
- Camp S'more Writing Individual Awards
- EDITABLE Awards Template
- Extra Signs to transform your classroom!
**PLEASE NOTE: Students will not actually be participating in a Watermelon Eating Contest or in an Archery competition - these are just the way the writing games are set up. Taking a look at the preview will show you this in more detail.**