Literacy Centers, Writing, Nonfiction
Receive 2 Writing Work for Big Kids Resources for FREE by purchasing the bundle here:
Writing Work for Big Kids Bundle
This resource contains printables for writers to practice nonfiction writing, including:
1. Choosing a Topic
2. Using Key Words
3. Creating a Glossary
4. Choosing Subtopics
5. Creating an Index
6. Creating a Table of Contents
7. Using Text Boxes
8. Vocabulary Words
9. Text introductions One
10. Text Introductions Two
11. Text Introductions Three
12. Text Introductions Four
13. Nonfiction Graphics One
14. Nonfiction Graphics Two
15. Nonfiction Graphics Three
16. Using Captions
17. Story Elements
18. Share Your Opinion
These pages are great for big kids to practice many different nonfiction writing strategies.
The printable pages in this resource can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to review writing work skills
* During guided writing small groups
* During independent writing time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ writing abilities
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
* To use with substitute teachers
To see other Writing Work for Big Kids click on the link below:
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.