Literacy Centers, Writing, Settings
Receive 2 Writing Work for Big Kids Resources for FREE by purchasing the bundle here:
Writing Work for Big Kids Bundle
This resource contains printables for writers to practice creating strong settings in their writing, including:
1. Setting: When the Story Takes Place
2. Setting: Passing Time
3. The Main Setting
4. Other Settings in a Story
5. Characters and Settings
6. Describe the Setting One
7. Describe the Setting Two
8. Describe the Setting Three
9. Settings and Seasons
10. Settings and 5 Senses
11. Settings and Background Information
12. Setting: Moving Time One
13. Setting: Moving Time Two
14. Setting: Moving Time Three
15. Clues About Settings One
16. Clues About Settings Two
17. Clues About Settings Three
These pages are great for big kids to practice creating strong settings in their writing work.
The printable pages in this resource can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to review writing work skills
* During guided writing small groups
* During independent writing time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ writing abilities
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
* To use with substitute teachers
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.