PLEASE DOWNLOAD PREVIEW TO SEE SAMPLES!:)
I have created this product with your kids in mind and with thoughts on how they could become independent writers. My goal was to create each page simply to grasp your little one’s attention and include a writing skill in which your child needs to achieve this year.
Each prompt or writing activity was made to take you chronologically through the year.
This packet thematically covers the months of June, July, and August! There are 50 writing prompts or activities! It covers many summer and holiday activities as well.
It is packed with various writing activities, such as open-ended prompts, letter writing, narrative prompts, etc.!
I have also included other activities you can use with your kids throughout the year!
I hope you and your students enjoy the packet!
Writing Activities Include--
1. The Month of June~ write 3 words to describe & write about what you look forward to this month.
2. Think About School-Fill out a report card for yourself. Write 3 things you want to work on this year.
3. My School Year--Reflection
4. The Best Day Ever! Write about a day you will never forget.
5. Write a letter to an incoming student and tell them what they need to do to prepare for this grade.
6. Who is Aesop? Read, Think & Write
7. The Monkey and the Bird—Write a story.
8. The Fish and the Penguin—Write a story.
9. Flag Day~Read, Think & Write
10. My Flag—Design a flag that represents you.
11. OPINIONS-I think the summer is…
12. All About the Beach
13. My Summer-Break E-mail
14. My Summer Vacation—Write a postcard
15. Summer Break News-5 w’s
16. The Month of July~ write 3 words to describe & write about what you look forward to this month.
17. Fourth of July~Read, Think, & Write
18. Asking Questions~3 questions you’d ask for the new kid in class
19. Summer Reading Book Review
20. Summer Fun—Write about a fun summer day.
21. My Summer Look-Write about what you like to wear in the summer.
22. The Eagle Has Landed! Read, Think & Write
23. My Kind of Ice Cream-If you went to the ice cream store, what would you get?
24. Write a Summer Movie Review
25. Today I Was a Superhero-Write a story.
26. My Kind of Cupcake
27. A Time of Celebration-Write about a time you went to a party.
28. Fireworks! Write about a time you saw fireworks.
29. My Trip to the City
30. How to Enjoy Your Summer
31. Use your 5 senses to describe SUMMER.
32. The Month of August~write 3 words to describe & write about what you look forward to this month.
33. My Special Collection
34. My Visit to the Zoo
35. Read, Write, & Think-Giraffes
36. All About the Zoo
37. Read, Write, & Think-Flamingo
38. My Favorite Zoo Animal
39. Read, Write, & Think-The Zebra
40. City or Country-Which one do you like better?
41. Let’s Go Camping! 5w’s
42. Write sentences to describe your AUNT.
43. Write sentences to describe your UNCLE.
44. My Grandparents-I love my grandparents because…
45. What Will Happen Next? Read, Think, & Write
46. I Want to Learn! What do you want to learn this year?
47. Write a letter to your new teacher about what you did over the summer.
48. Roller Coaster Ride! Do you want to ride a roller coaster?
49. Where Would You Go? If you had one place to visit before your vacation ends, where would that be? Why?
50. Summer Selfies-Write about who you saw over the summer.
To check out the SPRING--March, April, and May writing activities, CLICK HERE:
Writing Activities and More: March, April, and May~Grade 1
To check out the WINTER--December, January, and February writing activities CLICK HERE:
Writing Activities and More: December, January, and February~Grade 1
To check out the FALL--September, October, & November writing activities, CLICK HERE:
Writing Activities and More: September, October, & November~K to Grade 1