Writing Bundle: 82 Holiday Prompts (Grades 3-7)
Be the life of the party with your printable holiday prompts. From Halloween to Memorial Day and others in between, these worksheets will show the class why your staff party nickname is "Wild One."
• 82 Prompts on 29 Worksheets.
• Includes 5 editing prompts.
• Download zipped in PDF & editable Word.
With adult guidance, the prompts support at least 20 Common Core Writing standards for each grade 3-7.
Click links for full previews
A) Halloween Writing - 10 Printable Prompts
• Peter Peter's Pumpkin Shop.
• County fair pumpkin carver.
• Staying overnight in a haunted house.
• Choose your own topic sentence.
• Halloween history.
• Why do we have traditions?
• You win a haunted house!
• Haunted house housekeeping.
• Grandma Trudy makes a house haunted.
• Spooky house challenge.
B) Veterans & Memorial Day - 32 Writing Prompts
• Veterans' Parade lead car.
• Announcing the Veterans' Parade.
• Unicycle parade clown.
• VA hospitals.
• Daughters of the American Revolution.
• The American Legion.
• Disabled American Veterans.
• First grade patriotic musical.
• Woofy, the town dog, contributes to Veterans Day.
• Showing the flag.
• Flag folding.
• Memorial flags.
• Saluting the flag.
• Burning ceremony.
Historical - WWII
• Dorie Miller.
• Torpedo Sqaudron 8.
• D-Day at Omaha Beach.
• Enola Gay.
Historical - Sacrifice WWII
• Battle of the Bulge.
• Bataan Death March.
• D-Day cemetery.
• Meaning of Veterans Day.
• Dr. Joseph Warren.
• Remembering Dr. Warren.
• The Minutemen.
• Molly Pitcher.
• Tomb of the Unknowns.
• The Liberty Memorial.
• WWII Memorial.
• Korean War Memorial.
• Vietnam War Memorial.
• Rosie the Riveter.
C) Christmas Writing
• Pictures with Santa.
• Mrs. Claus saleswoman.
• Santa oversleeps.
• Choose a topic.
• Santa's dry cleaner has both good and bad news.
• Christmas customs.
• Wish list vs. gratefulness.
• Beach Santa.
• Gift return hotline.
• Living in a gingerbread house.
• Winter solstice.
D) Valentine's Day - 17 Writing Prompts
• Cupid Nick is on the scene.
• Sybille's passion for pink.
• Mr. Adams buys Valentine's chocolate at the gas station.
• Valentine's Day history & transformation.
• Grocery store Valentines.
• Chocolate sales.
• Valentines high heels.
• Uncle Al likes his job.
• Grandmas Hilda & Myrtle have a plan.
• Pin the tail on a real donkey.
• Valentine's Day art contest.
• The latest gift rave.
• Choose a topic.
• What if there was no Valentine's Day?
• Is friendship a universal human trait?
• Should Valentine's Day be moved to another month?
• Valentine's Day 1886.
E) Easter Writing - 12 Printable Prompts
• Max and Chicky's mismatched lifestyles.
• Just another day at the Peep Factory.
• Easter dinner lottery clean-up.
• Faberge eggs.
• Maria's Easter bunny suit arrives.
• Easter Island scientific study.
• Living on an island.
• Rocko sings the classics.
• Egg salad for every meal.
• Ms. Kate decorates everything.
• Awful smell and a missing Easter egg.
• White House Easter Egg Roll.
Make Every Day Christmas Sweater Day!
• 45 Notable Black Americans
• Art Tinting: "Poolside"
• Spelling Lists
Return to The Harstad Collection
or view more listings on Amazon
Do you know about TpT credits?
TpT credits are points which can be applied to future purchases to save you money.
To earn credits
: After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don't have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you've had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you're logged in to TpT.
For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit—and they'll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
To redeem credits
: Once you've earned at least 20 credits, you'll see the option to apply credits at checkout.