*********HUGE BUNDLE! 200+ Pages!**************
✐Paragraph of the Week-Writing with Ease✐
AN ENTIRE YEARS WORTH OF WRITING!
The purpose of this product is to make your students into more proficient writers through practice and repetition.
This product was constructed with the thought of backward design--What do we want these students to be able to accomplish at the end of this product? The answer: We want our students to be independent, strong and proficient writers.
Each mini-unit begins with an engaging article, followed by weekly scaffolding activities. Week one consists of activities on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; while week two activities are assigned on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with a complete paragraph at the end of each unit. In addition, an easy rubric is included, that allows students to peer-grade, or the teacher can use it as an assessment, writing grade or benchmark.
This product includes:
1. 20 Mini-Units (2-week intervals)-
Each Mini-Unit Includes-
A. A Short, Engaging Article (Lexile Levels vary between 900-1200)
B. Short assignments for the two weeks with the end assignment being a complete paragraph
In addition, there are three mini-lessons, a paragraph rubric, and other engaging resources!
Every few units provide a new skill that is added onto the prior unit. By the end of the 20 units, students will be writing independent, strong and thorough paragraphs.
"Building" Great Writers
Over the past 15 years of teaching, I have worked diligently and rigorously on planning a unit that covers and builds students’ skills in writing. In the past, my students have struggled writing an introduction, as well as a conclusion; in addition, they have a hard time lengthening their sentences to sound more fluid and refined.
My colleagues have also asked me for some skill practice in writing for other disciplines, and sometimes they will borrow my dittoes to use in their classes. Therefore, I really created this unit for everyone and every discipline.
Included in this bundle is:
*10 2-day lessons ( plus 4 mini-lessons) from the foundations of writing to the final assessment.
The 10 lessons are:
1. Starting with the Foundation-What do we know?
2.Building an Essay, Hamburger Style
3. Sophisticating Our Language-Removing Dead Words
4. Simplifying an Introduction-Introduction Map
4c. Mini-Lesson-Practicing Writing an Introduction Paragraph
5. Writing a TALES Response-Body Paragraph Writing
5b. Formulating Topic Sentences
5c. Formulating Compound Sentences
6. Writing a Body Paragraph-Butterflies
7. Analyzing and Editing Paragraphs
8. Writing a Conclusion-Step-by-Step
9. Assessment-Putting It All Together-Should Cell Phones Be Used in Schools?
2 Smart Board Files
*Body Paragraph Rubric
*Common Core Essay Rubric
*Checklist for Writing
*This bundle is 63 Page PDF file, which also includes two Smart Board presentations, as well as 4 Word documents for edit.
*All the lessons come with instructions, an "I Can" statement, and the Common Core Standards for each lesson.
This is an amazing resource, and I use this for my entire 3-Week Writing Unit.
• Argument Writing, Templates, Worksheets
• Argument Writing-Model Essay for Students!
• Body Paragraph Writing-Placemats and Reference Sheets
• Essay Writing Menus & Reference Sheets Bundle, Writing, Essay Writing
• Essay Writing Reference Sheets-Introduction, Body, & Conclusion Paragraph
• Essay Writing, Informational Writing, Templates
• Essay Writing-Introduction, Body & Conclusion Reference Sheet
• Essay Writing-Literary Writing-Templates, Reference Pages
• Introduction Writing-Placemats and Reference Sheets
• Rubric-Argument Writing
• Teaching Elaboration, ACE Writing Strategy, Worksheets
• Teaching Elaboration, Writing, Bookmark, Reference Sheet
• Writing Menus, Essay Writing, Introduction, Body & Conclusion Paragraph Writing
• Writing Posters-Informational, Argument, Narrative Writing
Become a Follower for the Latest Products & Freebies
⭐Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store, and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
✯Did you know you receive credits for leaving feedback on items you purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers?✯
That’s right! Leave feedback on this product, and you will receive credits for your next purchase. I would greatly appreciate it if you contact me first if you have an issue with the product before leaving feedback. I will be more than happy to accommodate you! Just e-mail me at email@example.com.