As you are planning your writing curriculum/units, it is important to understand the skills and standards scholars need to master across the grades; better known as “Vertical Planning.”
In this packet, you will find:
The Common Core Learning Standards for Writing in grades K-5.
• Each skill is highlighted along with its coordinating standards.
• There are two variations of this packet.
(Each reference guide is printed both in small and large print: Font size 9 and size 14)
• Grades K-2 and Grades 3-5 are grouped together making it easier for planning both vertically and across the grade.
• Use this resource to help develop Common Core aligned rubrics for writing.
• Print and keep in your Teacher’s Binder
• Use during your Teacher Team/ Common Prep periods
• Use as a tool to aid in developing IEPs
• Incorporate into Parent Teacher’s Conference
Thanks for your interest in this resource. If you find this helpful, please rate it and share your thoughts.