Also included in
- This organized, carefully-designed bundle of Kindergarten literacy centers is a complete system that will help you teach independence AND engage kids in meaningful literacy practice activities. When you use this Kindergarten literacy centers bundle, you can FINALLY stop the endless search for center$85.92$122.75Save $36.83
This writing center resource for Kindergarten includes printable writing activities for all year long, lesson plans to introduce the activities, writing center tools and supports, and kid-friendly directions!
This resource provides an organized system for managing your writing center. The materials will help you teach independence AND engage your Kindergarten students in meaningful writing activities like:
- Adding details and labels to a background picture
- Making alphabet books
- Writing lists
- Working on a page for a class book
- Creating props for the dramatic play center (like a menu)
- Making greeting cards
- Writing stories or nonfiction books
- Writing letters or postcards
These materials are flexible and can be used many different ways, regardless of how you structure independent work time in your classroom (whether you do centers, D5, or something different). Students do NOT have to know how to write traditionally in order to enjoy and learn from these activities!
This resource is for you if you want to:
- Teach your students to stay on task at the writing center
- Give your students meaningful drawing and writing tasks
- Stop boredom and disengagement with a variety of flexible, fun materials
- Provide students with real photo examples of writing projects + kid-friendly instructions
- Easily differentiate activities to meet a range of needs
- Hold students accountable for their work
- Complement your writing program with writing center activities for many genres
- Get organized with a schedule for introducing activities throughout the year
- Stop spending hours searching for writing center activities - and have everything you need in one place!
This resource may not be for you if:
- You are looking for writing prompts (the majority of these activities are more open-ended, but you can find some writing prompts HERE.
- You are looking for a complete writing program. (This resource is NOT designed to replace your regular writing instruction for the year. Rather, the lesson plans can be used to introduce independent work activities that can complement your regular writing instruction. If you are looking for more in-depth writing lessons, you can learn more about my writing units HERE.
Here’s what’s included:
- 12 lesson plans to teach procedures and routines for the writing center
- An editable schedule you can use to plan your writing center activities throughout the year
- A list of activities grouped by genre/type of writing so that you can coordinate your writing center activities with your regular writing instruction
- 21 writing activities, each with a template/writing paper + introduction lesson plan + photo example + kid-friendly instructions
- Digital templates for many of the writing activities (can be used on a computer or tablet)
- A set of writing center tools or supports (word lists/cards, spelling charts, a writing checklist)
- 591 total pages of materials (carefully organized into separate, smaller files, with an instructions video and photos)
Activities (all include a template/writing paper, introduction lesson plan, photo example, and kid-friendly instructions):
- Add details and labels to a background (16 different backgrounds provided)
- Copy words or cut out pictures to make an alphabet book
- Make a list
- Make a page for a class book (class book templates for 6 different topics included)
- Make a menu, sign, ad, or tickets for dramatic play
- Make a greeting card (20 simple templates included)
- Write a personal narrative
- Complete a “sequence and write” activity (8 activities included)
- Write a fiction/fantasy story
- Make a photo story
- Write a nonfiction book
- Do animal photo “research” (10 photo sets included)
- Create a how-to piece
- Make a how-to flip book (5 different flip books included)
- Write in a scientist’s observation journal
- Make an informative poster
- Write an opinion piece
- Complete a “This or That?” opinion activity (10 activities included)
- Write a friendly letter
- Make a postcard
- Create an invitation
Remember, these materials will not replace your regular writing instruction. If you use my writing units or any other writing program, you can easily coordinate your writing instruction with these writing center materials.
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase! I’m also happy to answer any questions you may have in the Q&A section or at Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com.
Looking for more literacy center activities for Kindergarten? Read about my complete literacy centers bundle for Kindergarten HERE!