This year I had the difficult task of starting a student-staffed writing center in my school. It was hard work, but the end result was incredibly successful. I bundled all of my resources in an effort to make the process easier for other teachers, and to implement more writing centers in high schools across the country and even across the world!
This Writing Center Starter Kit includes the following:
- Detailed procedures in getting the center started from the ground up
- 1 slideshow presentation to present to students and faculty informing about the writing center
- 1 slideshow presentation to present to writing coaches prior to training
- 1 training slideshow for writing coaches plus detailed agenda
- numerous writing center handouts, procedures, and resources, including a tutoring session form, coach application, binder covers, teacher referral cards, appointment sign-ups, procedure details, exit survey and more!
- A Google Form document to coordinate online sign-ups
- A universal writing center logo
Each file in this resource is available in both PDF and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint) and customization is permitted.
Check out my Writing Center Bundle
for this resource plus many other writing and research elements to train and teach your writing coaches
Check out my blog
for more details on my journey toward a writing center!