This 8-page packet includes all of the printables shown on the cover page, and is a great way to help students work through the writing process. I use these worksheets before, during, and after writer's workshop. Their are several self-reflecting pages which help students analyze their own mistakes, and plan ways to improve their writing in the future. I also have the students share their writing, and self-reflection pieces with their parents during conference time. This really helps students take responsibility for their own learning!
Included in this packet:
- My Writing Checklist
(Students preview this sheet before they begin their rough draft, and analyze it afterwards).
- My Writing Checklist Teacher Edition (Use during one-on-one conferencing).
- My Writing Action Plan (Students analyze both checklists and create an action plan of how to proceed before they begin their final copy).
- Organization Station (Students begin organizing their brainstorming thoughts into a beginning, middle, and end).
- Character Station (Students brainstorm about their characters).
- Setting Station (Students brainstorm about the setting of their story).
- Sparkle Word Station (Students work on including new and interesting words into their writing).
- My Writing Graph (Students create a bar graph by scoring different elements of their own writing, and answering reflection questions).
Please remember to rate this product and leave feedback.
Check out my other products below!
Click here to visit my store