I designed this lesson plan to develop social skills, as well as to teach students how to write thank you notes after the holidays. By teaching children how to be thankful, we can help them develop a habit of gratitude and learn to be more thoughtful of others.
A thank you note is a special kind of friendly letter and includes all the parts of a friendly letter: heading, greeting, body, closing, and signature.
This 5-day lesson plan utilizes the typical writing process structure: planning, 1st draft, revision, final draft, and sharing.
The resource includes:
• Background-building worksheets
• Graphic organizers
• 1st and final draft thank you notes
• Word cards
• Answer keys
• Sample letters and revisions
• Sentence strips (pocket chart and table top)
This set is part of the Being Thoughtful series, along with:
• Being Thankful FREEBIE
• Being Thoughtful FREEBIE
• Thoughtful Friendly Letter: Grades 1-2
• Thoughtful Friendly Letter to Santa: Grades 1-2
Thanks for checking out my product!
If you are interested in my related activities, visit the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store, Many Roads to Reading
, or by email