Cinquain Poetry Lesson focusing on Fossils. This introduction to cinquain poetry focuses on blending science and poetry. It is scaffolded for grades 1 - 5.
This is a complete cinquain poetry lesson. It takes students through the writing process of writing a cinquain poem, complete with samples and printable resources.
Many of the resources focus on fossils since this activity was inspired by the third-grade Next Generation Science Standards. I recommend using this lesson as a creative formative assessment to have students share their knowledge on a topic of study. This poetry writing activity has lesson plans (for two different methods), graphic organizers, and samples. This writing project introduces students to writing cinquain poems.
- 2 different methods of Cinquain poetry lesson plans
- Fossil brainstorming page & general brainstorming page
- Fossil specific Power Writing page & general Power Writing page
- Class Brainstorming pages (fossil specific & general) syllable and word count methods
- Sample Class Brainstorming pages (focused on fossils)
- Drafting Poem organizer
- Dead Word List
- Final Draft Paper (for fossil or general poems)
- Cinquain Poem Syllable Checklist
- Cinquain Poem Word Count Checklist
- Cinquain Poetry Quick Rubric
For more elementary inspiration, writing tips, and technology tricks for busy teachers, check out my blog: ThePrimaryProfessor.com
Let's connect on Social Media:
Have a great day!
The Primary Professor