This HALLOWEEN writing complete sentences unit contains activities, centers, and practice worksheets designed to help you teach how to write complete sentences. This unit teaches students the components of a complete sentence: a subject & predicate. I have also used the vocabulary naming part & telling part for younger students.
Once students understand how to write complete sentence, it's time to work on making those sentences STRONG. You'll find activities and resources to teach your students to write detailed sentences.
- SENTENCE POSTERS – Words include naming part, telling part, subject, & predicate
- SPOOKY SENTENCES – Build sentences by putting together a subject & predicate
- BOWL OF DETAILS – Students will take a “boring” sentence and add adjectives to make it stronger
- SPIN A SCARY SENTENCE – Students will spin a subject & predicate and then add many details to make it stronger (higher level activity than Bowl of Details).
- HALLOWEEN SENTENCES – Use various word cards to build detailed sentences: teacher should print these cards on different colored card stock!
- SENTENCE PRINTABLES – Worksheets, interactive notebook resources, and more!
If you own my Writing Complete Sentences unit, this resource is just like it, only Halloween-themed! This will give your students more practice that we know they need!
© Simply Creative Teaching