Welcome to my writing curriculum!
What is it?
It's not only a bundle of my best-selling, classroom-tested units and resources for writing, but with this set of resources, you will have a full year's worth of materials for teaching writing in every mode
from narrative, to argumentative, to explanatory, to research. Many items are new and have been designed just for this curriculum.
Why do you need it?
If you are looking for a program and a process that will make teaching and learning writing simple and effect, this resource is for you. Whether you are a new teacher or veteran teacher, the materials included here are fundamental enough to get you started and novel enough to fit into today's classroom.
What if I'm not looking for an entire program, but just a few great pieces?
T his curriculum is structured for you as a yearly program – as if it were my classroom, where years of student writers have grown and achieved success. So, you can pick it up from day one and work all the way through it. However, the beauty of teaching writing with a set of materials like this is that you can also pick and choose what you need from each unit: teach basic writing skills, to memoirs, to arguing a text, to counterclaims, to painting artful sentences, to researching and presenting.
You’ll have pacing guides, essential questions, and a first thirty days calendar – and it’s all in one easy download. You’ll have tools for getting kids started, tools for writing vocabulary, tools for each mode, tools for sample papers, tools for prompts, tools for assessment and evaluation, and tools to build your students’ confidence. Your students will have tools for managing their own progress and success, too!
Overview of Units:
- UNIT 1: Narrative Writing Unit includes an introduction to the mode ppt with sketch notes, unit vocabulary and quiz, descriptive writing game, creating great hooks matching game, memoir mini unit, three personal narrative prompts with examples, and an imaginative narrative with example
- UNIT 2: RACE Writing Unit (Writing Basics) includes lecture with sketch notes and guided practice
- UNIT 3: Argumentative Writing Unit includes introduction to the mode ppt with sketch notes, persuasive appeals lesson and activities, counterclaim lesson, and five prompts
- UNIT 4: Explanatory Writing Unit includes introduction to the mode with sketch notes, two prompts and more will be added this year
- UNIT 5: Research Writing Unit includes introduction to the mode with sketch notes, MLA 8th edition teaching pack, incorporating evidence teaching pack, embedding quotes teaching pack, website credibility teaching pack, three research presentation prompts
Plus other tools to mix and match!
- Writing traits mini workshops, model analysis paper task cards, sentence variety teaching pack, pre and post assessments, classroom posters, editable writing rubrics for each mode, graphic organizers, conference guides, revising and editing task cards, self-evaluation forms for each mode
-Printable curriculum map for administration and you!
- First 30 days of writing planning guide, editable
- Beautiful, age-appropriate design on every page to draw your students into reading, writing, analyzing, discussing, and learning!
-Download the preview for a complete list of the contents. If you are ready to make a change to see some changes in your writing program, I hope you’ll give this a try.
you'll get FREE updates for life on all my future prompt packs, traits teaching packs, writing workshops, and writing assessments!!
I’m not going to leave you out in the wilderness of teaching writing all alone. With this purchase, you will receive free access to an online community of support for teaching writing. Hope to see you there!
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Discounted licensees are available at checkout.
Get my other ready-to-go curriculum bundles, too!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches.
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Faulkner's Fast Five Blog
Julie Faulkner Photography on Instagram
Julie's Classroom Stories on Facebook
Teaching Tidbits Newsletter with Email-Only Freebies