Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Help boost student narrative writing confidence and mastery with this first set of daily STAAR writing warm ups. Students revise and edit sample texts while they practice key writing skills.
Each day addresses a different skill.
• sentence structure
• word choice
This resource takes students through six weeks of narrative writing skills where they have the opportunity to practice specific writing standards.
The resource includes:
• 30 student warm up activities
• week 1: provide details, revise sentence structure, include precise words, suggest revisions, correct punctuation
• week 2: organize ideas for intro, revise for compound sentence and transition, add figurative language and details, revise conclusion, punctuate dialogue
• week 3: provide purpose for intro, complex sentence revision, sensory detail, effective conclusion, spelling & usage
• week 4: create a lead, transitions, sensory description, point of view, appositive phrase
• week 5: topic sentence, sentence length, vivid verbs, support ideas, parallel structure
• week 6: focus for the intro, simple/complex/compound sentences, vivid detail, transitions, past progressive verb tense
• suggested answer key - please note that your student answers will vary. The answer key provides you an idea of how your students might address the task.
This is a zipped file that includes four files:
• teacher guide with chart of skills for each day and week, student response form
• 30 student warm ups
• suggested answer key
• student warm ups alternated with answer key - so you can project the warm up and then a suggested response (I tried to think of everything!!)
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
• ready to use -- project or print
• perfect for daily warm ups, review, writing centers, or mini lessons
• students can work with a partner or independently
• standards based
• answer key (though, of course, answers will vary)
• lots of reinforcement
Please see the preview for all the goodies. If you have any questions, please let me know in the Q&A section below. I will get right back to you!
You might be also interested in:
Save money! Three sets are available as a bundle:
Interested in going paperless?
Sets 1 and 3 are now available for Google Drive and OneDrive:
I'd love to have you follow my store and be the first to learn about new products, freebies, and sales. Just click on the green star by my store name.
I read and respond to all feedback! I truly appreciate you taking time to leave it!
Happiness always ♥