Do you have reluctant writers in your classroom? Use these resources to help collect data and get to the root of their reluctance with writing. These resources will give you valuable information on ALL of your students. It also encourages home-school connection with writing so the parents can feel more connected to what is happening in the classroom.
The resources include:
- Beginning of the Year Writing Survey for Students (2 pages)
- Writing Conference Record- for students to keep track of teacher feedback and collaborative goal setting in their notebooks
- Letter to parents/guardians- explaining the goals of writing workshop and asking them to take time once a week to listen to a piece of writing by their child
- Writing Sharing Record- Students record/reflect on a piece of writing they shared with their parents/guardians
- Parent/Guardian Writing Survey- parents reflect and give feedback on their child's attitude towards writing and difficulty with writing (2 pages)
- Student Writing Goals Survey- follow up survey for students to be done at the end of a unit/quarter/semester to reflect on changing attitudes towards writing and difficulty with writing.
Everything is ready to print and use in your classroom to make data collection easy!
Check out View From Fourth's Beginning of the Year Activities:
Classroom Library Organization Project- A Beginning of the Year PBL
Graphing Our Class Time Capsule Project
Classroom Arrangement PBL for Math and Language Arts