Writing Dialogue - Narrative Writing Prompts - Quick Write Bellringers
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get access to over 200 Narrative Writing Prompts that will accelerate your middle school students' writing abilities! These ready-to-use daily quick writes focus on various narrative techniques, including dialogue, imagery, perspective, characterization, and more. Check out the PREVIEW to see everyPrice $17.99Original Price $27.93Save $9.94
Do your students need help writing dialogue in authentic and purposeful ways? You'll love these writing prompts that will give your students practice using dialogue in creative and engaging ways with just 5-10 minutes per day. These slides are quick and easy to assign or display, making them perfect ELA warm-ups, bell-ringers, or stations!
Check out the PREVIEW to see what's included, and download a FREE sample here.
Offer your students different ways of using dialogue creatively by giving them sentence starters, mentor texts, and visual prompts. Students love these quick write prompts and will beg for more time to keep writing!
Here's what you'll get:
Your digital link will come will 30 writing prompts that will prompt students to use dialogue to:
- Reveal conflict
- Move the story forward
- Present different perspectives
- Provide background information
- Convey character traits
- Show character intentions/motivations
- Establish deeper understandings
- Find character's voice
- ...and more!
Prep is quick and easy... Just display the writing prompt on your projector or SmartBoard and have students write in their notebooks, or assign the writing prompt on your digital learning platform!
A quick tip for teachers...
- Read the prompt, and set the timer for 5-10 minutes.
- Encourage students to keep their pencils moving the entire time.
- Don't be afraid to write alongside them!
- At the end of the quick write session, invite students to discuss or share their thinking.
In my classroom, we start our daily writing lesson with a quick write prompt! We use a wide variety of prompts throughout the year to spiral review our writing techniques.
»If you would like to know more about using quick writes in the classroom,read my blog post here.</a>
You may also like…
⭐️ Want to bundle and save? ⭐️
Check out the to get access to this set of writing prompts plus all of the sets listed above for 30% off!
Have a question?
Please check out the Q & A section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Don't forget to leave me feedback! I love to hear what my buyers have to say, how the product worked for them, and any feedback I can use to improve my product! (It also earns you points towards future TPT Purchases)
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I've posted new products. New products are always 50% off for the first 48 hours!
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.