WRITING EFFECTIVE STORY OPENINGS
ELA Teaching Resources: Writing Effective Story Openings is a 15 slide PowerPoint presentation with accompanying worksheets. As with all our PowerPoints, the presentation can be tweaked, personalized and differentiated to suit your teaching needs. Writing Effective Story Openings includes a range of tasks and activities designed to help students create engaging story openings.
The PowerPoint contains:
- A guide to selecting an effective setting.
- An analysis of how writers convey mood, tension and atmosphere through setting.
- A guide to using the senses to create descriptive imagery - with an example text.
- A guide to transforming sensual images and notes into a piece of descriptive prose which establishes setting and engages the reader.
- A model text to help students through the creative process.
To preview Writing Effective Story Openings please click on the images opposite.