Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.97 MB | 60 pages
This is a ready to teach essay writing unit with 16 lessons to choose from. Each lesson comes with a one page or more reading about a topic, questions to answer about the text, a how to write your 5 paragraph essay guide that focuses on the essential question, and a helpful writing tips sheet for struggling writers.
Below are the lesson topics in the packet:
Bill of Rights Essay Unit
1. Students Searched in School: Essential Question: Does the school principal have a right to search a students, backpack, locker and pockets?
2. Students Suspended for Protesting at School: Essential Question: Can the school suspend students that peaceably protest on the sidewalk near the school?
3. Everyone is Suspended after a Fight at School: Essential Question: Does the principal have the right to suspend a student without a hearing?
4. Student Newspaper Censored: Essential Question: Does the school principal have a right censor the school newspaper?
5. Prayer at a School Football Game: Essential Question: Is public prayer before a school football game a violation of the First Amendment?
6. Students car searched: Essential Question: Is the principal allowed to search your car on school property?
Fun 5 Paragraph Essays
1. Bigfoot: Essential Question: Does Bigfoot exist?
2. Drones: Who owns the sky?
3. Internet Friends: Essential Question: Are friends on the Internet real friends?
4. Ownership of the Moon: Essential Question: Who owns the moon?
Conflicting Primary Source History Essays
1. Atomic Bombing of Japan: Essential Question: Should President Truman have dropped the atomic bombs on Japan?
2. Battle of Lexington: Essential question: Who fired the first shot at the Battle of Lexington?
3. American Revolution George Washington: Essential Question: Was George Washington a traitor or a patriot?
4. Alexander the Great: Essential Question: Was Alexander the Great really great or was he a villain?
5. Cherokee Removal: Essential Question: What is the best way to save the Cherokee way of life and culture?
6. Cortes and the Aztecs: Was Hernan Cortes a hero or a villain?
Some of these assignments are sold separately in my store, but buying this whole packet is the best deal.