Also included in
- Planning for Writing Workshop can be overwhelming. Let this bundle of Writing Units of Study relieve your stress and free up some time. The included lessons will cover at least 25 weeks of your school year. This resource has been successfully implemented at the elementary and middle school levels$64.00$74.00Save $10.00
The intention of this study in Expository Writing is to introduce students to the idea of writing essays to grow their ideas. This is not intended to teach students the 5-paragraph essay formula. This is about students exploring and growing their big ideas and developing their written communication. This unit of study is designed for about 3-4 weeks.
Key Teaching Points:
• Reframing Narrative ideas into Expository ideas
• Generating ideas for writing an essay—exploring the world around us
• Generating ideas for writing an essay—Issues that matter to me
• Writing to grow my idea
• Using Mentor texts for expository
• Crafting a thesis statement
• Building the structure for the essay
• Developing our essay ideas
• Looking to other sources for elaboration
• Using parallel list to elaborate a point in a short, concise way
• Crafting a lead
• Crafting a conclusion
• Editing—Express Lane Edit
You might also be interested in these products for your writing instruction…
This product is also part of my Writing Workshop bundle.
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures