Author Elise Abram is a twenty-five-year seasoned professional when it comes to teaching English language arts and writing. This book is a compilation of her techniques and lessons that are sure to help readers write a perfectly structured persuasive essay.
Whether a high school student, postsecondary student, new teacher, or homeschooling teacher, Writing Five-Paragraph Essays: A Comprehensive Guide to Writing Persuasive Essays is your definitive guide to planning, researching, outlining, writing, and editing a five-paragraph essay. Each lesson includes a number of organizers, templates, exemplars, and self-assessment checklists to help readers assess their progress as they complete the assigned tasks, building upon tasks in previous chapters as they write a five-paragraph essay on a topic of their choosing.
- Model writing after an abundance of mentor texts and exemplars
- Complete practice tasks to scaffold student learning
- Learn the ins and outs of critical inquiry as it relates to essay planning
- Read about the secrets of outlining that will help students write their essays with ease
- Benefit from tips and tricks from a seasoned English teacher
- Cite references and create works cited lists to avoid accusations of plagiarism
- Use checklist rubrics to evaluate and self-edit student work
Used as a workbook or series of lesson plans, this book is sure to help you and/or your students write like pros using tried and true writing techniques.