Whether you’re new to the profession or seasoned pro, these Writing Focus units are a lifesaver. With all the planning done for you, you are free to concentrate on what matters most…your students!
This product includes everything you need to teach your students about Making Connections including anchor charts, checklists, worksheets, assessments, rubrics, suggested mentor texts, and MORE!
*download the PREVIEW to get a glimpse at some of the resources included in this product*
* Writing pack introduction
* lesson plans (month-at-a-glance)
* “Writing Pack Short Film Suggestions”
* “Our Writing Checklist” anchor chart
* “Making Connections: What does that mean?” brainstorm anchor chart
* “Making Connections: What does that mean?” anchor chart
* “Making Connections Sentence Starters” anchor chart
* “Making Connections Checklist” anchor chart
* “Making Connections Example” anchor chart
* “We Can Make Connections” anchor chart (2 options)
* “I Can Make Connections” student page (2 options)
* “We Can Explain Our Connections” anchor chart
* “Making Connections Rubric”
All the Following pages are included as primary lined + writing checklist, primary lined, and single lined.
* “Bear Feels Sick” student page
* “Alexander’s Bad Day” student page
* “The Snowy Day” student page
* “Bread and Jam for Frances” student page
* “Movie Connection” student page
* “The Rainbow Fish” student page
* Summative Assessment student pages include draft and final copy pages in both primary and single lined
* Extra Writing Paper in both primary and single lined
* Extra Writing Prompts: The Giving Tree, The Lorax, and a version to use with any story
PSSST! ...check out the other writing focuses:
* Writing Focus #1: Recount Writing
* Writing Focus #3: Descriptive Writing
* Writing Focus #4: Opinion Writing
* Writing Focus #5: Inferring
* Writing Focus #6: Procedure or How To Writing
* Writing Focus BUNDLE: making connections, descriptive writing, opinions, & MORE!