Writing From Imagination™, is an exciting break-through in instructing elementary and middle school aged children how to write. Building upon the concept that all children have an imagination students are initially guided through an Audio Adventure™. This audio adventure is a unique collection of mp3 audio files and forms essentially what could be called their writing prompt. This is not simply a collection of sounds with no over-all purpose but a professionally mixed and mastered soundtrack in which students are lead through a story, their audio adventure. This in-turn allows their imaginations to create their written story. All children process various amounts of information visually or through auditory development and do so at fluctuating degrees.
Instruction is then presented in a visual representation via a vast array of pictures and video clips building upon the audio adventure and pointing more towards the visual learning format; the Visual Adventure™, while still mixing in the audio representation.
By presenting these innovative writing prompts it is my intention to help your elementary and middle school aged students reach the following goals:
• Cover critical COMMON CORE BENCHMARKS in a creative and productive way.
• Develop a much greater amount of over-all writing content in order for you the instructor to make better-detailed assessments in their writing.
• Develop their writing content in order for the student to make quicker advancements in their writing skills.
• Through various uses of technology present an overall cutting edge learning environment.
• Elevate the student’s awareness of developing their writing skills.
• Vastly improve a child’s listening proficiency.
• Increase a child’s love for writing.
• Further develop a child’s imagination, a skill in the 21st Century that is truly lacking.
• Actually allow you, the teacher, more available time in the classroom day so as to assess a student’s work.
• Promote the development of writing skills through auditory and visual learning methods.
The learning and teaching method presented is a purposeful approach to instruction supported by research and proven to be highly successful in attaining these goals. It has particularly shown to be greatly successful for English Second Language Learners, Response To Intervention methods, and at-risk children. This approach is not intended to be the only writing program instituted over the course of the grade level year. Research has equally shown that students should be provided with numerous methods of instruction providing for a rich learning environment. Writing From Imagination forms a part of the rich language arts environment.
The MINI - Audio Adventure is a great way to introduce students to the world of Writing From Imagination! and audio and visual writing prompts. These writing prompts are approximately 8 minutes long and are fantastic for use in language arts learning centers. "The Elevator Ride" takes students on an auditory adventure elevator ride up five floors or scenes; the office, the dentist, the pet store, a presidential speech, and finally a swimming pool party. Let's liven up the creative writing time for students with auditory writing prompts from Writing From Imagination!
Comes with an 18 slide detailed PowerPoint, 8 video clips, a full 8 minute audio adventure, numerous sound files pulled from the audio adventure, and 2 student handouts.
Check us out at www.writingfromimagintion.com