Writing Goals - 2nd Grade - Writing Goal Clip Chart
This Writing Goals Clip Chart supports students to identify and work towards particular individual writing goals. A great way to support differentiation and to cater to the individual needs of students.
The clip chart includes strips for 13 different writing goals, which you can choose from to suit the needs of your students and class.
• Use full stops at the end of a sentence.
• Write neatly and carefully.
• Write the letters b, d, p and q correctly.
• Write more during writing time.
• Use capital letters at the start of a sentence and for pronouns.
• Spell words using sound knowledge.
• Write 3 sentences or more during writing time.
• Use spaces between words.
• Use WOW words and interesting details.
• Spell tricky words correctly.
• Get started right away and write the whole time.
• Use commas and question marks correctly.
• Use paragraphs.
How to use: I print the file, laminate and then tape each strip together to make a long clip chart. Choose the particular goal strips that suit your class and students. Alternatively, as a new goal is taught, you can add that particular strip to the chart.
Students use a peg, clip or sticky note with their name on it to identify the particular writing goal they are working towards.
Great for Writer's Workshop and Daily 5.