Incorporating learning goals in the classroom is an effective way of helping to close any learning gaps while helping students become more reflective learners.
This Writing Goal Pack is a complete bundle to help you incorporate writing goals in your classroom. Proven to be effective, it helps to enhance writing motivation and encourages students to reflect and improve upon their writing skills.
Included in this pack:
- 30 different writing goal cards
- 6 wall chart variations (a4 and a5)
How to use:
These goal cards can be used in a number of ways.
1) The goal chart can be laminated and displayed along with a photo of the student. There are various goal charts to choose from (See the end of this pack). The student’s goals are attached to the goal chart using Velcro dots or blue tack. It is important to note that these goals should be chosen jointly with students to provide a sense of ownership. Students can unfasten the goal cards and take them to their desk during their writing activity. They can then be reattached to the chart at the end of the lesson. Alternatively, if you do not wish to use the goal chart then the cards can be kept elsewhere.
2) Before students begin a writing activity, provide each student with 1 or 2 goal cards which are in line with their learning needs. They must check and re-check that they have achieved the learning goal before handing in their work. The goal chart can be returned to you at the end of the lesson.
Specific goals include:
- Write my name
- Hold my pencil properly
- Write neatly
- Write my letters correctly
- Leave spaces
- Write from left to right
- Use full-stops
- Use capital letters
- Write the sounds I hear
- Sound out my words
- Check my spelling
- Spell my sight words correctly
- Use joining words
- Use describing words
- Use words from the word wall
- Write more
- Use paragraphs
- Use correct punctuation
- Use speech marks
- Use capital letters for peoples’ names
- Use correct tense
- Use proper word endings
- Check my writing makes sense
- Re-read and edit my writing
- Plan my writing
- Write simple sentences
- Use simple and compound sentences
- Use complex sentences
- Write complete sentences
- Make sure my writing has a beginning, middle and end.
♥♥♥ Follow me to be the first to hear about FREEBIES and updates ♥♥♥
♥♥♥ Earn TPT Credits when you leave feedback ♥♥♥
I welcome and appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions.
You may also contact me on email@example.com