*Click on Preview to view more of this product.
This product is based off of Jan Richardson's "Target Skills for Primary Writers." There are 20 Target Skills (listed in order) below:
1. Letter Formation
2. Hears and Records Consonants Sounds
3. Hears and Records Long Vowels
4. Spaces Between Words
5. Rereads to Monitor for Meaning
6. Hears and Records Short Vowels
7. Correctly Spells Sight Words That Have Been Taught
8. Writes One-Syllable Words Phonetically
9. Places a Period at the End of their Sentence
10. Uses a Capital Letter at the Beginning of their Sentence
11. Correctly Uses Upper and Lower Case Letters
12. Correctly Adds Endings (s, ed, ing)
13. Hears and Records Digraphs and Blends
14. Hears and Records Parts in Multisyllable Words
15. Correctly Uses Spelling Patterns That Have Been Taught
16. Writes Legibly on Handwriting Paper
17. Uses Standard Structure When Composing a Sentence
18. Capable of Writing 3-5 Sentences on a Topic
19. Uses Appropriate Punctuation
20. Correctly Uses Transitional Words
Each Target Skill comes with four different sized visual cue cards. Depending on which size you are using, they could be mini posters, visual representations for anchor charts, individual student cards, or even small reminders that you can velcro on a student's desk.
This product also comes with three different Student Checklists;
1. Checklist of Target Skills 1-10
2. Checklist of Target Skills 11-20
3. Checklist of Target Skills 1-20 (complete list)
This product also comes with a parent letter explaining "goal setting/target skills" and 2 bonus practice pages for the first two target skills (letter formation and beginning consonant sounds).
If you like this writing product, click on the links below to check out some of my others.
Writing Graphic Organizers
Narrative Writing Rubric