Over a dozen writing guides for ELA teachers to hand out and reference all year. Useful for interactive notebooks, skills mini-lessons, centers, quiz reviews, expository writing assignments, research projects, and more. See the Preview for samples!
* Glossary of Literary Terms
* Punctuation Guide
* Informational Writing Guide (Intro/Body/Conclusion format)
* Checklist for self/peer editing or teacher evaluation
* Traits of effective writing (six characteristics) summary
* Rubric of effective writing traits
* Transitions list
* Tips on Avoiding Plagiarism with model
* Proofreading Marks chart
* MLA In-text Citations and Works Cited/Bibliography guides
* Graphic Organizer for a 5 paragraph essay or report
* Guide to Formal Writing (CCSS W.3d) plus a one-page Quick Guide
Sample Common Core Standards supported by these guides included.
Useful cross-curricular materials--PLEASE purchase a multi-use license if you share with your team. This can be purchased after you purchase and view the product.
Except for the Editing Checklist, the Punctuation and the Literary Terms items, all other guides are samples pulled from my comprehensive, quality writing products!
The complete products provide full lesson plans for assignments and projects using these guides.
Paragraphs as a Learning Tool for All Subjects
Self-Introduction Essay: Complete 5 Paragraph Guide
Formal Writing (Register) Complete Guide
Biography Research Report MS/HS Complete Guide
Novel Essay: Complete Book Report Guide
Informative 5-Paragraph Essay Complete Guide
*The Editing Checklist, Punctuation and Literary Terms guides included in this Tool Kit are the full products. They are also sold individually with teacher guides added:
Complete & Easy Editing Checklist
Punctuation Guide: 15 Marks and 80 Rules for Commas & More
Glossary of Literary Terms
Find out about new products and sales. Click the star next to my photo logo in the upper right corner of this page. Thanks!