Writing Information Reports Writing Reports - Printables and Activities
What educators are saying
Information Report Writing Pack. This unit is a collection of lesson materials to help support and deliver lessons to teach report writing to students who have possibly never encountered report writing before. ESL learners need a lot of diagrams and visually appealing activities to support their understanding of grammatical structures and language typically used in an information report. This resources provides activities, simple worksheet-like guides which give a step-by-step guide to help ELL learners master report writing techniques.
► What is an information report? (activity & guide for class activities and discussion).
► The structure of an information report.
► Visual elements in an information report.
► Glossary / bibiliography writing.
► Sample information report from the National Geographic web.
► Formal language used in reports. (passive voice, limited use of pronouns etc.)
► Report writing tips poster.
► Whole class / pair research activity with information provided.
► Brain storming sheet.
► KWL chart.
► Drafting a report.
► Editing your draft of the report.
► Checklist / pair checklist for editing.
► Information report assessment with rubric.
Please check out the preview for more details, I hope this unit is useful to you! :)
• Dialogue Journals - Writing Templates
• How to Write E-mails ESL PowerPoint Interactive Presentation
• Informal Letter Guided Writing Pack ESL & Grades 4-6
• Would You Rather Writing Prompts and Task Cards
• Writing Information Reports Writing Reports Guide Printables and Activities
• Writing a Factual Recount Interactive Grammar & Writing Activities