Information Report Writing Pack. This unit is a collection of lesson materials to help support and deliver lessons to teach report writing to students who have possibly never encountered report writing before.
- What is an information report? (activity & guide for class activities and discussion).
- The structure of an information report.
- Visual elements in an information report.
- Glossary / bibiliography writing.
- Sample information report from the National Geographic web.
- Formal language used in reports. (passive voice, limited use of pronouns etc.)
- Report writing tips poster.
- Whole class / pair research activity with information provided.
- Brain storming sheet.
- KWL chart.
- Drafting a report.
- Editing your draft of the report.
- Checklist / pair checklist for editing.
- Information report assessment with rubric.
Please check out the preview for more details, I hope this unit is useful to you! :)