Writing lesson #5 brings mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandmas, grandpas, and even aunts, uncles, and cousins together in one book! IT IS FAMILY WEEK! Let them write, dictate, sound out, and create words and art around a family theme.
The objectives of this weeks writing lessons include:
* To make a book about the family
* To add details to illustrations and writing
This digital download includes step-by-step instructions and all the templates you will need to conduct the writing workshops.
Please click on the preview to view sample pages from this activity packet.
Along with the writing activity packet above, I also offer a variety of other one week writing downloads specifically for K - 2nd grade. To preview these writing packets please click on the links below.
✓ Lesson #1 - Preparing For A Great Year of Writing
✓ Lesson #2 - Modeling & Journal Writing Practice
✓ Lesson #3 - Exploring Your School - Back To School Writing
✓ Lesson #4 - Writing All About Me!
✓ Lesson #5 - Family Writing Week
✓ Lesson #15 - Introduction to Narrative Writing
✓ Lesson #16 - Teaching Narrative Writing - Working With A Timeline
✓ Lesson #17 - Narrative Writing With Flare - Holiday Writing Workshops
✓ Lesson #18 - Celebrating Holiday Traditions Through Writing
✓ Lesson #19 - Writing About Your State
✓ Lesson #20 - Great African-Americans That Changed History
✓ Lesson #21 - Writing Integrated with Science - Writing About Light
✓ Lesson #22 - Writing About The Night Sky & Groundhog Day
✓ Lesson #23 - Writing About Farm Animals
✓ Lessons #24 & 25 - Writing About Animal Habitats
✓ Lessons #26 - Investigating & Writing About Motion
Along with the above activity packets, I have also developed a variety of writing and language arts activity books that make teaching these lessons fun and effective. Please click on the links below to preview these activity books.
• Just Write: A Sentence
• Letters from Ted E. Bear - Friendly Letter Writing Activities
• Just Write: A Paragraph
• Just Conventions - Daily Grammar and Conventions Practice
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 3rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 4rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 5rd Grade
• Teaching Research Skills
The writing activity books above all supplement my complete writing programs that schools throughout the country are using in order to develop outstanding writers school-wide. Please click on any of the links below to preview these programs.
• Kindergarten Writing Program
• 1st Grade Writing Program
• 2nd Grade Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Expository Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Narrative Writing Program
• Expository Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
• Narrative Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
✓ Visit my website: WriteMath
✓ Follow us: Facebook
✓ Follow us: Pinterest
Writing About Me! Writing Lesson #4
by Kathryn Robinson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Based on a work at http://writemath.com/