One of the writing traits has been stolen! Guide your students through the writing process to find clues and discover who stole the writing trait, what writing trait they stole, and where they hid the trait in the writing process. With 6 possible endings, each student can play up to 6 times throughout the school year.
Highly motivating, “The Case of the Missing Trait” works with any piece of assigned classroom writing. You can also track students’ progress as they complete each step in the writing process using labeled detective badges.
Included in the download are:
• 6 mini lessons that intentionally teach the 6+1 Writing Traits while teaching the Writing Process.
• Total of 36 clues (6 clues (1 for each badge number) for each of the 6 writing process locations.
• 6 Posters with writing process “locations” and detective notes to aid in solving the clues
• 6 Criminal Case files
• Detective notebook to write the clues down
• Detective Letter to the Class to introduce the game
• Answer sheet showing the 6 possible outcomes
• Detective badges