Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
A great writing curriculum allows students to write and learn in a variety of ways. That’s why this Writing Essentials Bundle combines critical writing units, daily writing prompts, targeted writing mini-lessons, and creative writing activities. You’ll find ready-to-teach lessons that will not only help your students write more effectively, but enjoy the writing process along the way. These resources work as a complement to your existing writing units, or they can serve as the foundation for your writing program.
What’s included in the Writing Essential Bundle?
- 3 Writing Units (10 days each): You’ll find detailed writing units with lesson plans, rubrics, and student writing packets for Narrative Writing, Informational Writing, and Opinion Writing. Students will progress through the writing process with step-by-step lessons as they create personal narratives, write a news article based on a historic event, and conduct research for a business letter filled with their opinions. Students will learn about the specific characteristics of each genre of writing as well as how to create different forms of writing. (PDF and Google Classroom-Compatible versions included)
- 101 Writing Prompts: The This or That Writing Prompts give students a way to write every single day in the classroom. How cool is that? Each This or That Writing Prompt provides students with two choices for showcasing their writing. After reviewing each choice, students can choose to do the “This” activity or the “That” activity. The choices promote engagement, differentiate the activity, and tap into multiple learning styles. They’re also fun to complete!
- 10 Writing Mini-Lessons: The writing mini-lessons are all about targeted writing instruction. Each are designed to be quick and engaging. They can be taught in succession as a single writing unit or you can pick and choose lessons to teach at different points throughout the school year. Lessons include writing a lead, word choice, writing with voice, transitions, vivid details, writing with similes, dialogue, sensory details, showing vs. telling, and figurative language.
- 10 Creative Writing Activities: These activities provide lively and interesting ways for students to write in your classroom. Each lesson encourages students to play with language and subjects to produce completely unique and original writing. Hands-down, these lessons are the BEST way to help students discover the joy in writing! Lessons can be used in succession as a part of a creative writing unit or as stand-alone lessons. They’re perfect for mental-shifts after large assessments, fun and detailed substitute lessons, or in conjunction with literature. Really, they’re just plain adaptable and fun!
Learn more about the individual units here:
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Informational Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- 101 Writing Prompts
- 10 Writing Mini-Lessons
- 10 Creative Writing Activities
You may also like...
- BUNDLE! 10 Creative Writing Lessons and Activities
- Fun in Five Pack! 12 FREE Lesson Extenders
- Classroom Management - Tips, Tricks, and Tools
- Persuasive Writing Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction