* Download the preview for details! *
* This is part of my Linear Equations Unit
This 2-day lesson includes 5 pages of guided notes and 2 assignments.
Students learn how to write linear equations in the order below. They will:
- Use a graphical strategy to write the equation of a line given a point and slope
- Learn two ways to do this algebraically (point-slope formula and slope-intercept formula)
- Practice writing equations of lines given a point and slope, checking them graphically
- Discover a way to do this quickly for horizontal and vertical lines
On day two, they will:
- Learn and practice writing linear equations when given 2 points in the same order as day 1
- Learn an intuitive shortcut for writing linear equations
Answer key is included!
Linear Equations: Applications & Word Problems
Parallel & Perpendicular Lines