This walk around activity is designed to review writing equations for linear equations.
Great for a test review.
Students have to write an equations given the following information:
** The graph of a line
** Slope and a point
** 2 Points
** A point and a parallel line
** A Point and a perpendicular line
** Horizontal and Vertical lines through a point
Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should find the equation for the given information, students then look around the room for an equation that matches theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards printed 1 to sheet
- A shorter version with only 6 cards
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets(per version): one that includes room for work, and another with just boxes.
Differentiated activity or formative assessment
-This activity allow student to self check. This will reduce the "Am I doing this correct" questions and allow you to spend more time with struggling students.
- Use the smaller 6 card set for students that need modified assignments.
Included in the activity
- 2 versions (12 card and 6 cards.. both print 1 per page)
- Absent Student Page (for both version) - prints all the graphs on 2 pages
- Students Response Pages (2 versions)
- Detailed Answer Key that includes slope and intercepts along with graphs
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work
- Can be used as a differentiated assignment