Writing Magazine Project Cumulative Writing Passion Project for End of the Year
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This YEAR LONG writing curriculum includes 25 writing prompts covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting writing projects inside.Year Long Writing ProPrice $70.00Original Price $81.98Save $11.98
Are you looking for a passion project or a cumulative end of year writing activity for students? Having students create their own magazine project is a GREAT way to review every genre of writing! Wrap up your year or begin a new year by reviewing ALL genres of writing focused on one topic with this writing a magazine project: narrative, opinion, informative, how to, letter writing, poetry, and more.
Ideas for Using the Magazine Project:
This end of year magazine project is very flexible to fit your needs. If you want a strictly informative magazine, students can write informative pieces only. This is true for every genre. Any genre is also easy to remove. Each type of writing comes with its own planning graphic organizers and drafting templates, which can also easily be done on loose-leaf paper to save on copies. Rubrics, checklists and high quality examples are all included for your use.
Differentiate the Magazine Passion Project for Your Students:
There are 12 pages for the final magazine project, and any page could be duplicated or removed to make the magazine shorter or longer. This project is designed to take about 20 days, but can easily be condensed or lengthened to meet your groups' needs.
Types of Writing Included in the The Magazine Passion Project:
- an informative piece
- a narrative piece
- an opinion piece
- a how-to
- a poem
- an "advice column" letter
- fun pages (comics, word search, jokes, etc.)
Pages Included in the End of Year Writing a Magazine Passion Project:
- 20 Day Teaching Guide
- Magazine Planning Template Pages (plan topic & pieces)
- 3 Brainstorming Graphic Organizers (informative, opinion & narrative)
- 5 Planning Graphic Organizers (informative writing, opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, poem, letter writing)
- 3 Editing Checklists (informative editing checklist, opinion editing checklist & narrative editing checklist)
- 12 Magazine Project Publishing Pages [cover, table of contents, poetry piece, how to piece, editorial piece, daily news, fascinating facts, advice column, fun page (word search, comic strip, joke), back cover with about the author]
- 2 Pages of Rubrics (3 on each page - informative, narrative, opinion) and success criteria checklist
- Student Topic Ideas
- Picture Examples of Every Page
Magazine Project: The Magazine Passion Project for End of the Year
This is a great way to learn more about your kiddos various passions while also assessing their writing. There are differentiated graphic organizers included to help students take their pieces through the writing process.
When to Use the Magazine Passion Project:
- End of the Year Cumulative Writing Project (high 1st, 2nd grade, 3rd grade or 4th grade)
- Beginning of the Year to Learn About Students (3rd grade or 4th grade)
- Gifted and Talented Project (enrichment for 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th)
- Small Group Project (higher 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade)
- Whole Group Writing (2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade)
- Writing Centers (for high 2nd, 3rd or 4th graders)
This project is a great way to supplement for your highest learners. This can be an independent passion project that they could research and work on, then share with the class.
What Grade Levels Should Use the Magazine Writing Project:
- Gifted and Talented 1st Graders
- Second Semester or End of Year 2nd Grade Students
- 3rd Grade Students
- 4th Grade Students
How Long will the Magazine Passion Project Take?
This project can be modified to fit your needs. Using the project as intended would take 20+ school days (4-6 weeks) depending on the amount of time you have for writing each day. The project can be extended or shortened for any classroom.
Magazine Passion Project Topics:
Students can pick from a large variety of topics that they come up with, or you can assign one topic for your entire group. This is a great way for students to share what they are passionate about with the group.
Interested in other fun writing projects? Check these out below!
- Google Slides Magazine Writing Project
- Animal Habitat Project
- What If You Had Animal Adaptations Project
- Biography Writing Project
- Landform Island Project
Or check out my year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 40 Year Long Writing Projects.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.