This product is geared toward 4th-5th grade students.
This product contains 14 mini-lessons/resources for writing. It uses the SRSD method, but also could be used with any writing your school uses. These mini-lessons target good writing strategies and give students the opportunity to practice these strategies.
I use this product in my classroom by printing the different mini-lesson pages for my students and having them organize them in a binder (portfolio) with tab dividers. I have the students put all of the resources from this binder behind the resources tab as we go over the mini-lesson. While going over the mini-lessons, I have students highlight key information.
This pack includes the following mini-lessons/resources.
1. Cover page
2. How to write a hook and hook practice
3. You can’t use first person in informative and opinion essay
4. How to organize my notes with TIDE and TIDE organizer
5. How to organize my notes for TREE and a TREE organizer
6. What goes in my first paragraph? Bubble Map
7. How to organize a compare and contrast essay.
8. How to write a concluding sentence
9. How to write a concluding paragraph
10. What goes in a concluding paragraph? Bubble Map
11. How to write a super sentence Day 1 instructions and practice
12. How to write a super sentence Day 2 instructions and practice
13. Elaboration Lesson and practice (There are two lesson pages as well as an essay for students to add elaboration and concluding paragraph to.)
14. Vivid Language lesson and practice
15. Writing Goal Sheet, I usually fill these out with the students and give them feedback. I help students set goals while having writing conferences.
Beth Stiltner, 2016