This resource was created to aid in teaching Common Core ELA Writing Standard(s) W.K.1, W.1.1, W.2.1 for Kindergarten through Second Grade. This pack includes everything you need to teach students at all learning levels. This pack includes:
1. Graphic organizers to model instruction during whole-group mini-lessons.
2. Instead of “I Can” statements, we use "Writers Can" to reinforce and focus on writing lessons.
3. Essential questions and academic vocabulary words are included to ensure all teaching objectives are met and that teachers are using challenging vocabulary that students will understand.
4. Fun songs on fact and opinion set to a familiar, widely-known tunes.
5. Exciting, hands-on games and activities to assist in introducing topics during whole group and differentiated learning activities for use during literacy work stations.
6. All games and activities are presented at beginning, emergent, independent and advanced learning levels for grades K – 2. All students can benefit from these differentiated activities and progress at their own pace.
- BEGINNER LEVEL activities require no reading to complete the picture and vocabulary-based tasks.
- EMERGENT LEVEL activities offer the support of pictures, but challenge students in the primary stages of phonological awareness and phonics.
- INDEPENDENT LEVEL activities allow students who are reading sight words and decoding the ability to write at this level.
- ADVANCED LEVEL activities give burgeoning authors the opportunity to soar in writing.
Please "Like" me on Facebook at Ragsdale's Reading Roughers.
Thank you for reviewing my products !! ;)